If you're not growing you're not going . . . anywhere. It should be your focus to develop yourself and those around you.
In today's episode you will learn key principles to adhere to in your people development journey.
People development principles
1. People development takes time.
“Leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders.” — Tom Peters
“Winning companies win because they have good leaders who nurture the development of other leaders at all levels of the organization.” — Noel Tichy
2. People skills are essential for success
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. Be a model that others can follow
“The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.” — John Maxwell
4. Leaders must care for people before they can develop them.
People won't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
5. People developers look for opportunities to build people.
6. The greatest potential for growth of a company is growth of its people.
It may seem that you're getting the short end of the stick when you don't get the opportunities you deserve. Yet, what you may not realize is that you don't have to complain, cry, or get bitter about it.
In fact, you can take the rejection and create your own opportunity to get better.
In this episode, Fredy gives you three mindset shifts that will help you to get better.
Read the original post HERE.
To listen to it on iTunes, click HERE.