Are you struggling to lead others? Maybe it's because people don't like you. Or maybe they don't trust you. It's the truth and sometimes, in business and in life, we overlook this truth.
In this episode we talk about why it's important to be liked and trusted. Without those traits, it will be hard for you to be successful in business and in life.
All things being equal, we will all do business with people we like and trust.
Why is that?
BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO BE LET DOWN AND WE LOVE TO DO BUSINESS WE LIKE.
- So you can increase your likability by sharing testimonials. In other words, let others sing your praises. That is much better than you going around telling people how awesome you are.
- Serve others first; focus on other people's success. People will like you if they feel that you understand them and are genuinely rooting for them.
- Be yourself. People can't like what they don't know. So be yourself and broadcast that to the world. Let people know what they'll get when they engage in business or a relationship with you.
- You have to love yourself. Now this one is a major key. Why? If you don't like yourself then why should anyone else. Plus, if you don't like yourself, you tend to broadcast yourself as something you're not. People will find out you're a fraud once the walls come down.
Love yourself enough to be true to who God has made you to be and develop that. People don't need to follow someone perfect, they want and need to follow someone who is real.
WE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE WE TRUST.
- People can only put their trust in things and people who are dependable. If you're not good at what you do then people won't trust you.
- Be consistent. People trust you more when you come through on what they expect from you.
- Care about your service or product. Own what you do and people will notice how much you trust your process.
HOW DO YOU COME TO LIKE AND TRUST YOURSELF?
- Spend time with yourself so that you can get to know yourself in a personal way.
- Evaluate yourself and support yourself like you would for a friend.
- As you spend time with yourself you'll notice how friendly you are with yourself or how much you bully yourself.
- You have to watch your self-talk. What are you saying to yourself? Are you encouraging yourself? Or are you discouraging yourself?
- PRAY! READ YOUR BIBLE! See what God says about you.
As you lead others, you notice that they'll stick with you because they like and trust you.